PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleProject Manager (Asset Management)
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience10 to 25 years
Job Published15 February 2023
Job Reference No.659067748
PBT Group has an opportunity for a Project Manager in the Banking / Financial Services Industry.
The project manager is responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, executive, control and completion of the project while remaining aligned with the strategy, commitments and goals of the organization.
Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope following the Minimum Standards Framework. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible.
May need to rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of other team members. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to head of PMO.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of multiple projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant internal stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and relevant stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize potential risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
Project manager requirements:
- 10+ years proven working experience in Project Management
- Financials Services Asset Management experience within Corporate and Investment Banking is required
- 5 years investment banking experience in implementing Business Technology solutions
- Fully comfortable with Agile delivery methodology and ceremonies (Scrum or SAFe)
- Ability to manage a number of dependencies outside their project
- Must be a strong project manager focused on driving delivery (i.e. willing to get their hands dirty to land the project), not just pushing Admin.
- This person will also be interacting regularly with one of our strong Exco members, so they must be able to stand their ground but also come across as professional with a high-quality output.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II / CAPM certification is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience with project management software tools and in particular Jira & Confluence
Project Manager skills & proficiencies:
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving and leadership skills
- Project planning, risk management, time management and other project management skills
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- Proficiency in project management software tools
- Conflict resolution experience
- Must have a degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent
- Project Management Certification )( Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II / CAPM certification)
- Agile Project Management Certification