PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleAWS Cloud Data Engineer
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 25 years
Job Published26 September 2023
Job Reference No.355918484
PBT Group has an opportunity for an AWS Cloud Data Engineer.
- Coordinate/Prioritise the work that the Developers and Product Owner
- Assist with cross-team projects that involve development.
- AWS practices are followed with sound security and governance.
- Coordinate with the cloud Center of Excellence team for any AWS account level security and access.
- Resolve any security findings on your responsible AWS accounts given by group security.
- Manage the CI/CD pipeline as per architecture approved.
- Ensure good gates are in place for review for deployment and ensure good practices and patterns are followed in this regard.
- Code quality will be monitored through peer code reviews.
- The Quality Assurance Team will conduct exploratory testing to identify defects.
- Must meet and pass the criteria as specified in the Definition of done as documented on the Feature Team's instance.
- Strong conceptual understanding of the context and business requirements. Should be able to understand the business needs, High Level design and produce Low level design documents, implement code in accordance with the best practice.
- Ability to perform data quality checks in a methodical manner to understand how to accurately utilize client data.
- Expert level programming skills using AWS to meet the challenges of advanced data manipulation, complicated programming logic, and large data volumes is required.
- Ability to communicate results and methodology with the project team and clients.
- Ability to meet deadlines and thrive in an insurance environment.
- Provides solutions for data driven applications involving large and complex data and providing reconciliation and test cases.
- Understand customer's Business processes and pain areas which need attention.
- Source system understanding and analysis.
- Solution Architecture for the entire flow from source to end reporting data marts.
- Design Conceptual and physical data model for a global Data warehouse in AWS (ETL versus ELT)
- High Level & Low-Level design for ETL Components in AWS
- Test prototypes and oversee handover to operational teams.
- Propose best practices/standards.
- Build monitoring and testing mechanisms on data transformations.
- Continuous improvements on AWS in terms of scalability, reliability, and monitoring.
- Analyse and enhance the architecture of the current implementation.
- Manage personal delivery on projects and enhancements.
- Ensure personal service level agreement standards are met.
- Implement initiatives to improve application performance.
- Ensure quality of programming code.
- Translate business requirements into system requirements.
- Design and document robust, scalable solutions according to set standards.
- Ensure accuracy of code and adherence to requirements.
- Ensure all production changes are managed within the release cycle.
- Participate in the development of key standards.
- Seek new ways to optimize or innovate as it relates to the use of technology.
- Ensure personal adherence to agreed governance procedures.
- Proactively identify and manage risks.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of effective cross functional business intelligence systems and processes.
- Analytical with an even mix of business acumen and technical capability.
- Responsible for working with analysts, managers, and executives to understand business needs and working with source owners to understand the data sources.
- An innate curiosity and some analytical capability with a passion for learning.
- Translate business and technical requirements into efficient sustainable solutions.
- Be able to do gap and impact analysis on the requirement.
- Accept coaching and mentoring from senior developers/architects.
- Do QA on designs and development and completed projects as required.
- Complete documentation of requirements and development according to defined standards.
- Deliver necessary documentations where require
Skills and Experience Required:
- High knowledge in AWS – security groups, permissions, VPC, roles, services.
- Experience developing engineering applications in corporate companies.
- Demonstrated project development and leadership skills.
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Advanced education and application of business analysis techniques and strategy
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience and civil engineering preferred.
- Experience working together with teams from several departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan.
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications.
- Professional work experience in team building and project organization.
- A degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is preferred
* In order to comply with the POPI Act, for future career opportunities, we require your permission to maintain your personal details on our database. By applying for the vacancy via this job ad, you give PBT your consent.