PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleData Architect
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience6 to 25 years
Job Published26 September 2023
Job Reference No.3279383214
PBT Group has an opportunity for a Data Architect for a project in Sandton, Johannesburg.
The scope for Data Architecture is to design and implement a well-structured and efficient data architecture that supports an organization's data needs and aligns with its overall business strategy. They play a critical role in enabling data-driven decision-making and fostering data-driven innovation within the organization.
- Data Integration and Management: Design, build and implement data integration solutions for the whole value chain. This may involve using Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage, Databricks, Azure Purview and other relevant Azure services.
- Data Platform Architecture: Provide new and improve upon existing data platform architectures and data patterns and maintain Data & Analytics Architecture Playbook.
- Real-time Data Processing: Design real-time data processing pipelines using technologies like Azure Stream Analytics.
- Data Analytics and Visualization: Design data analytics solutions using Azure services like Azure Synapse Analytics and Power BI to provide meaningful insights to the company's decision-makers.
- Data Security and Compliance: Ensure the implementation of robust data security measures to protect all data.
- Automation Management: Design and Implement an automated and sustainable data orchestration and quality solution to ensure reliable and readily available data.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Design data solutions with built-in redundancy and backup strategies to ensure data availability in case of any disruptions.
- Data Governance and Data Quality: Implementing data governance practices to ensure data accuracy, reliability, and consistency. Establishing and rolling-out data quality controls and monitoring mechanisms to maintain the integrity of critical data.
- Collaboration with Subject Matter Experts: Collaborate closely with subject matter experts to understand their unique data requirements and challenges. Collaborate with teams and customers to scope and deliver POCs and POVs.
- Project delivery: Contributing to the overall success of the assigned project by designing and implementing a well-structured, scalable, and efficient data architecture that meets the specific requirements of the project and the business objectives.
- Cost Optimization: Design cost-effective data architectures that enable high performance.
- Documentation and Knowledge Transfer: Proper documentation of the data architecture, design decisions, and implementation details. Improve on the existing standards for the entire data value chain.
- Scalable Data Architecture and data solutions, e.g. integrated Master Data Architecture.
- Optimization of the data management processes.
- Update Data and Analytics Architecture Playbook (Processes, Approach, Strategy Translation Approach, and other).
- PoC for data patterns and architecture as per the Innovation Backlog.
- Enable Data value and Data Literacy Initiatives, e.g. build an inventory of data needed to implement the approved architecture.
- Perform Knowledge Transfer to the identified stakeholders/ data citizens on a regular basis.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 5+ years of experience in data architecture and data modelling.
- Understanding and experience with data cloud computing technologies such as – Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, SQL, Azure Data Explorer, Power BI, PowerApps, Hadoop, YARN, Apache Spark, Azure Data Lake Gen2, Azure Event Hub , Azure IoT hub, and Databricks.
- Experience with SQL and data visualization and report authoring skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively across disciplines and teams.
- Demonstratable understanding of data design fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, async programming patterns, object-oriented design, parallel programming).
- In-depth understanding of Business Data Architecture with Core ERP and OT Architectures.
- DevOps experience with GIT and CI/CD.
- TOGAF will be an advantage.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience.
* In order to comply with the POPI Act, for future career opportunities, we require your permission to maintain your personal details on our database. By applying for the vacancy via this job ad, you give PBT your consent.