PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleData Test Analyst
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience4 to 12 years
Job Published17 January 2023
Job Reference No.3033873794
PBT Group has an immediate requirement for a Test Analyst to provide testing services.
The main purpose of this position is the end-to-end testing. The testing will cover both the backend (ETL, Database layers, Star Schemas, Cubes) and front-end reports (BI Analysis and Reporting) aspects of the solution. This testing includes functional testing, performance testing, and regression testing as well as coordinating and reporting on User Acceptance testing (UAT) execution and sign off.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include the following:
- Participating in the project throughout the remaining life cycle of a project. The Test Analyst will be responsible to planning, execution and obtaining sign-off of all testing deliverables.
- Defining the test approach for the project and highlighting and mitigating risks.
- Preparing test data to align to the testing scenarios in each technical environment.
- Assisting with enforcing the Testing Centre of Excellence (TCoE) standards within the project.
- Maintenance of testing defects and testing results.
- Reporting and obtaining sign off for each test cycle.
- Functional, Regression, Performance, Stress testing and User Acceptance Testing:
- Test Approach;
- Test Plans;
- Test Scripts;
- Test Execution Results;
- Defects Management Reports;
- Test Deliverable Sign-off Certificates;
- Test Closure Reports;
- Knowledge Transfer Document per Project; and
- Test Completion Sign Off.
Must have experience:
- Three to six years’ experience in Test execution and Test Lead
- Three to six years experienced in conducting functional testing, performance testing, and regression testing as well as coordinating and reporting on User Acceptance testing preparation, execution and sign off.
- Must have testing experience in a BI environment
- Experience in working on data warehousing projects
- A strong understanding of ETLs, Logical Data Models, Star Schemas and Cubes
- Experience in working in an Agile environment.
The following will be an added advantage:
- Creating SQL queries for validating the testing back-end data.
- Strong understanding of the BI environment and terminology.
- Formal training on HPQC and QTP
- Creating scripts for Automation testing.
- Experience in working on an OBIEE project that used Kimball as a foundation
- Conceptual Thinking;
- Attention to detail;
- Effective Communication;
- Managing complexity and ambiguity.
- Ability to learning quickly;
- Analysis and problem solving;
- Judgement and decision making;
- Team oriented;
- Management Reporting;
- Resilience; and
- A degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent
- ISTQB TA or similar certification is a must.