PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleData Architect
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience8 to 30 years
Job Published13 October 2022
Job Reference No.2601762380
PBT Group has an opportunity for a Data Architect to define and set architecture principles, which are aligned to the overall bank Data Strategy, and to be adopted by the business and data warehouses to create, deploy and manage the relevant BU’s data.
The Data Architect will define how data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed to meet the strategic business requirements. Responsibilities include data modelling, database architecture, metadata definition, repository creation, data growth and integration management as well as governance and risk management
- Develops and implements a data architecture and management plan
- Develops and implements a Data Architecture and management plan for the business unit – ensuring alignment to and executed in accordance with Data Strategies
- Applies IT Risk and Governance standards for the data environment (SDLC, Change management, Incident management, Release management, etc)
- Motivates for new requirements for the data environment and the coordination of projects in conjunction with the Project Office in terms of scoping, planning, prioritising
- Manages all aspects of the data sourcing, migration, modelling and implementation and identifies new initiatives and/or recommendations for database growth and integration
- Establishes and coordinates a data Task Force with regular feedback / communication to senior management on profess and future pipeline work
- Maintains accountability for supporting the Data Architecture vision and championing efforts to reach that vision.
- Provides Data framework, governance and roadmap to attain the enterprise data vision
- Collaborates with business units and data owners to successfully implement and maintain an enterprise level business analytics and data warehousing solution
- Contributes in developing transparent and well understood data governance processes, rules and technologies to support them.
- Data architecture analysis and practice
- Identify interconnected problems, determine impact, patterns, trends and identify best fit alternatives to design and implement best practice solutions
- Facilitates and documents the agreements on appropriate corporate data and its usage (including master data management).
- Holds overall, responsibility for management, planning, design and implementation of the enterprise Data Architecture domain to ensure alignment of the Banks’s Architecture
- Develops tools, guidelines, principles, policies and governance for Data across the bank
- Serves as the in-house expert and authority by defining, implementing and enforcing all data integration standards and documentation.
- Provides deep expertise in enterprise data and information management methods and standards.
- Promotes data sharing, consistency and reuse across the organization. Manages reviews of data quality deliverables of all phases and enhancements.
- Identifies and promotes best practices for data modelling within information areas across the organization, providing oversight for all activities related to data cleansing, data quality and data consolidation using industry standard data modelling methods and processes.
- Displays demonstrated ability in communicating the overall data architecture to both technical and business constituencies.
- Develops guidelines and best practices to ensure data standardization and consistency.
In depth knowledge of:
- Demonstrable experience creating and presenting executive and technical level documentation related to business data requirements.
- Demonstrable experience facilitating business specific workshops to document business data requirements
- Demonstrable experience with BI and ETL solutions.
- Experience creating data model POCs using documented test cases and actual data samples.
- Demonstrable experience leading data governance teams/efforts.
- Advanced knowledge of standard data modelling tools including Erwin, Enterprise Architect and MS Visio. Advanced knowledge of database concepts, including SQL databases and database querying languages, Hadoop (MapReduce, Hive and Pig) and NoSQL databases
- Extensive experience in Cloud / Hybrid platforms with a key focus on Azure – Must have
- Experience in modelling (Conceptual , logical, and physical) - Must Have
- A good grasp of the SDLC process with an understanding of CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Deployment) would be an advantage. – Nice to Have
- Experience in translating business problem statements / requirements into technical solutions (on prem / cloud / hybrid) - Must have
- Data Engineering Experience – Nice to have
- System Engineering Experience – Nice to have.
- 8 years’ experience (including at least 2 enterprise level data solutions or architecture projects).
- 5 - 8 years’ leading data integration efforts in large scale programs.
- 8 years of experience working with Data Warehouse Application development
- 5+ years of experience in ETL design and development
- 3+ years SDLC and agile methodology with emphasis on requirements gathering/interpretation and data modeling
- The candidate must be able to translate requirements and data mapping documents to a technical design.
- Develop, enhance and maintain code following best practices and standards.
- Create and execute unit test plans. Support regression and system testing efforts
- Support continuous improvement by identifying and solving opportunities.
- Experience working with Business Intelligence tools such as Microsoft Business Intelligence, Business Objects etc.
- Very experienced in working with Data Visualization tools such as Microsoft PowerBI
- Experience with Cloud-based environments such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Data warehouse / business intelligence experience in Finance highly desirable
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, including the ability to translate complex technical concepts into understandable lay terms
- Strong database development skills, including sound SQL skills and fundamentals
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities
- Judgement and decision-making – the ability to make firm (sometimes difficult) decisions fairly and compassionately based on relevant facts, criteria and disciplined, logical thinking
- Strategic Thinking - ability to apply long-term, systemic thinking, utilising factual analysis, intuition and creativity to imaging new and different futures for the business area/organisation
- Process and Technological Competence - utilizes, identifies, enhances and leverages processes and technologies to meet business needs
- Drive and Results Orientation - self-starter and originator who maintains high levels of activity and produces a consistently high-quality output within agreed deadlines. Prompt and proactive in driving for results and sets demanding goals for self and others
- Problem Solving – cuts to the core of issues and applies effective analysis, logic and creativity to identify and implement solutions
- Customer Service Orientation - anticipates, recognises and meets the needs of internal and external clients or customers (however these are defined in the role), taking responsibility for maintaining the highest service standards and developing and sustaining productive client relationships
- Building Relationships - capacity to put people at ease and build sound relationships based on mutual trust and openness
- Bachelor’s Degree – Data, Computer Engineering, Solutions Architecture