PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleData Analyst
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience8 to 35 years
Job Published29 August 2023
Job Reference No.242267084
PBT Group has a vacancy for a BI Data Analyst with at least 3 years relevant experience within the banking industry, to support and maintain the data warehouse in line with the data model; metadata repository and to provide business intelligence analysis through performing strategic and operational support.
- Structure data into compliance standards by adhering to metadata governance procedures according to documented standards and formats.
Manage final transformed data content by complying to prescribed standards for reviewing and publishing.
- Assist/govern population of datamart and metadata repository by complying to standards, systems, processes and procedures.
- Support business units by providing consulting services that delivers data and information relevant to their business
- Contribute to internal and external information sharing sessions by attending formal and informal meetings.
- Manage vendor relationship interactions by conforming to vendor management office guidelines and principles.
- Deliver work according to customer expectations by prioritizing; planning and implementing requirements.
- Utilize resources by adhering to standards, policies and procedures.
- Align and continuously improve set processes by identifying innovation opportunities.
- Identify and mitigate risk by executing within governance.
- Resolve incidents by logging and tracking through correct channels
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters, websites and attending sessions.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced, and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing knowledge with team.
- Analyse business requirements from documents and end-user discussions.
- Identify and define the data requirements necessary to support business requirements or integrated application and subject areas.
- Identify and define the security requirements necessary to protect the data items.
- Identify and define the business rules associated with the data; these should include all data integrity / constraint requirements.
- Identify and perform detailed analysis of all data sources for each application and subject area.
- Perform data profiling of data contained in source systems.
- Provide detailed analysis of all data implemented into the database.
- Provide the data mapping and associated transformation rules for each data item.
- Ensure that the business requirements and subsequent development activities are supported by accurate information.
- Support and maintain the project data models at multiple levels of detail and functionality (conceptual, logical, normalised, relational, dimensional, application-level, subject-level, integrated, etc.).
- Assist Data Modelers to draw up detailed data models.
- Assist Data Engineers to draw up data cleansing specifications.
- Present data quality anomalies and problem areas to business users and source system owners.
- Validate data models against the business- and data requirements.
- Ensure the quality, accuracy, integrity and conformity to standards of all models.
- Provide accurate metadata, which allows full understanding of the project data components.
- Coordinate and synchronise data models with process and technical models.
- Identify data and data model inconsistencies and conflicts and assist the users in their resolution.
- Transition information and assist the DBA’s with physical implementation of the data models.
- Transition information and assist develops with the data mapping and transformation and provide additional data analysis as required during the development phase.
- Communicate project data-related information to Architects, DBA’s, Developers and Users.
- Work with modeling tools and data repository to maintain project deliverables.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledge of data profiling and data profiling tools.
- Experience with data quality management strategies and life cycles.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience within the telecommunications and/or banking industry.
- 8 years relevant experience of which 3-5 years’ experience in: Banking, Business Intelligence, Finance, Data Warehousing, Data principles, Analytics, Data Management, EDP, RADARR, SQL ETL & Development, Finance Reporting, Regulatory Knowledge, MIS, Dashboarding & Data Quality
Required Qualifications / Training:
- Ideally candidates should have a related IT qualification.
- Data Management (DAMA) Certification, Certification/formal training in relevant technology
* In order to comply with the POPI Act, for future career opportunities, we require your permission to maintain your personal details on our database. By applying for the vacancy via this job ad, you give PBT your consent.