PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleSQL Data Engineer
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 20 years
Job Published25 January 2023
Job Reference No.1872561267
We currently have numerous vacancies for Data Engineers skilled in tools such as the Microsoft Stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), Power BI, AWS, Azure, DataStage, SAS etc.
- Design, develop, test and deploy ETL for ODS and data mart projects, as well as application and management reports.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting and upgrade setup or support on ETL and database related issues.
- Research and evaluate alternative IT solutions to make appropriate recommendations to meet the business needs for management information.
- Perform root cause analysis, performance monitoring and application related issues.
- Review IT work products from the team members for completeness and quality.
- Accurately translate business requirement to technical documentation and test case or results.
- Analyse and map data from source systems to target operational data stores and data marts.
- Maintain and provide application support in production.
- Code or folder migration from one environment to another as part of release management.
- Participation in all aspects of quality assurance.
- Active participation in systems integration and user acceptance testing.
- Strong modular system design skills.
- Conventional and data warehouse modeling skills are required, in order to understand the various data models and to define the mappings between them.
- System analysis and design skills are necessary to design and document the data extractions and transformations.
- Expert knowledge of the capabilities of the ETL tools being used, to know what their capabilities and shortcomings are – in order to exploit or avoid those aspects in the ETL program designs.
- Good organisation, planning and basic management skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Decision making and problem solving skills.
Required Qualifications / Training:
- Relevant data warehouse and BI solution training is essential.
- B.Sc. or related degree is advantageous.
- 5+ years programming experience.