PBT Group Careers
Be part of our team of Data Specialists and embark on a career of the future!
Job TitleFinancial Accountant
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience8 to 15 years
Job Published24 January 2023
Job Reference No.117865119
PBT Group has a requirement for a Bookkeeper to provide financial information by maintaining and reconciling accounts and preparing financial reports for business decision-making.
About the role:
- Full accounting function, including processing and preparing monthly accounting records.
- Bank recons, General Ledger and subsidiary ledger reconciliations.
- Processing accounts payable and receivable, including managing the full debtors and creditors function.
- Compiling invoices and monthly customer statements.
- Analysing financial information and explaining variances.
- Calculation and submission of VAT returns, including VAT reconciliations.
- Fixed Asset Registers – Monthly depreciation & the accuracy of maintaining the Fix Asset Registers.
- Intercompany transactions – Interest Calculations & maintaining amortized schedules.
- Financial Reporting – Income statements, Balance sheets, management accounts, etc.
- Liaise with external Auditors.
- Foreign exchange differences – valuation of foreign clients and bank accounts.
- Ad hoc financial and administrative support to employees and the finance team.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience in CaseWare essential
- Bookkeeping qualification/accounting diploma
- Must be familiar with doing the books for multiple sites/locations
- Good understanding of accounting principles and month-end processes
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment with a variety of individuals in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to various levels of an organization
- High level of energy and the desire to work in a fast-changing working environment
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment while managing tight deadlines
- Strong Excel skills, and comfortable with large data volume
- Pastel knowledge and proficiency
- SAGE Evolution (would be advantageous)
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency
- Valid driver’s license and own transport